[ltp] Volume buttons for T61p

Cherife Li linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 31 May 2008 18:50:07 +0800

On 05/31/08 16:22, Michael Gaber wrote:
> have you tried with a "naked" linux (init=/bin/sh or something) i think
So, I booted with init=/bin/sh. Neither the volume buttons nor the
brightness buttons worked.
Even if I got the sound modules loaded, aplay or mpg123 complains no
card found. I cannot solve this issue, so gave up. It's a shame. :-(
> these buttons should work out of the box in hardware without changing
> any settings of a wm/de/something

Yeah, I thought it should work out of the box, too, like when I was
running linux on T23. Nothing needed to do to these keys.

--
Rgds,
Cherife.