[ltp] brightness buttons on T61

m h linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 31 May 2008 16:48:11 -0600

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:08:55 -0700
> Lothar Werzinger <lothar@tradescape.biz> dijo:
>
>> On Saturday 31 May 2008, Cherife Li wrote:
>> > As <m h> asked a volume buttons issue on T61p, I'm posting a brightness
>> > buttons issue on T61 here so won't offing <m h>'s topic.
>> > (I'm wondering whether <m h> has this same issue.)

Yes, mh has the same issue ;)  But his laptop has been plugged in
constantly so he hasn't bothered with that yet.

>> Since upgrading to Kubuntu Hardy both the volume buttons and the brightness
>> buttons on my T61 (and the T61's of my coworkers) work out of the box.
>
> Same here after upgrading Ubuntu Gutsy x86_64 to Hardy. Actually I had
> the volume buttons working before, although I had to do a BIOS upgrade
> before they would work with Gutsy.

Again, I am frustrated that something that worked out of the box (on
my R52) is now broken.  Would be nice to know what the Ubuntu people
did to fix it, so that other distros (or users of them) could too.

Perhaps I should try out Hardy (kubuntu) on the T61p.  7 years of
Gentoo usage tell's me I'll miss it.  (It being portage and the tree).
 Am assumming everything just "works" with hardy.  Quick search fu
only turned up sound issues with beta/alpha but I'm not seeing those
with the release.

Oh, the dilemmas......

-mh