[ltp] fan stuck on high - temps appear fine

John Li linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 02:33:09 -0500

[Resending after not seeing it appear on the list. Sorry if you get
this twice.]

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 08:50:19AM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, John Li wrote:
> > $ uname -r -m
> > 2.6.27.4 x86_64
>
> Thanks. Which distro?

Debian Testing, but I got the kernel from kernel.org and compiled it
on my own. My .config is attached. [Not attaching, since I suspect
that's what kept the original from getting to list.]

> > Compared with my current temperature readings (which are lower than
> > each of these), there must be a bug somewhere, right?
>
> Yes.  Do you have all ACPI modules loaded (fan, thermal, etc)?

I have fan, thermal, processor, battery, video, output, ac, and button
loaded. There's also thinkpad_acpi, wmi, and thermal_sys.

> Any kernel messages complainig about ACPI issues?

Nope, not that I can see.

> Are you using the latest BIOS?

I updated the BIOS through Lenovo's System Update program last week -
pretty sure that's the latest.

-jli