[ltp] Anyone using Ubuntu 8.10 on X60s / X61s? (battery life)

Mon, 3 Nov 2008 00:39:41 +0100

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 13:26:19 -0800, Ari El wrote:

> Just wondering about the new ubuntu battery life / power consumption.
>
> How many hours can be expected on an extended battery? Is power consumption
> anything near XP's 7.5W when note-taking at low brightness levels and
> wireless off?

I get 9 Watt with wireless off, hard disk spun down and lowest
brightness on the X61s. I got less than 9 Watt in the past, but I
upgraded from 1 to 3 GB RAM, and I guess that the additional RAM eats
more power.

Regards,
Tino