[ltp] T60p ati video on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Asheesh Laroia linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 02:27:03 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Phil Shotton wrote:

> I spoke too soon when I said everything is fine with T60p running Intrepid.
> Video playback is rather broken; when I try to play any kind of movie file I
> get:
>
>   X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>
> The only output driver (using mplayer) that even half works is the gl2 one;
> however there are lots of weird screen artifacts. The x11 driver works but
> wont resize or play full-screen.

You can tell mplayer:

 	mplayer -vo x11 -zoom $video

And it will resize the video in software, which should be fast enough.

That doesn't address any of your issues at the core, but it may hopefully
give you a livable system until you find their real solutions.

-- Asheesh.

--
Even bytes get lonely for a little bit.