[ltp] T60p ati video on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:52:18 -0400

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Phil Shotton
<phil.shotton@psjsolutions.com> wrote:
> I spoke too soon when I said everything is fine with T60p running Intrepid.
> Video playback is rather broken; when I try to play any kind of movie file I
> get:
>
>   X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)

As previously mentioned, this is a limitation of XAA (the old
acceleration infrastructure) with composite.  XAA does not provide a
mechanism to migrate pixmaps into vram which is currently required for
the texture engine on which Xv is implemented.  Switch to EXA (Option
"AccelMethod" "EXA" in the device section of your config).  EXA will
probably be the default in newer releases of the driver now that the
improved core EXA code is starting to get out into distros.

Alex