[ltp] Re: Reason for blocking Fn + F5

Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:09:22 -0200

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008, Marcus Better wrote:
> Marcus Better wrote:
> > This makes me wonder why my laptop seems to be emitting KEY_RADIO for this
> > key according to "Input-events".
>
> Oh. It's this HAL rule from/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/30-keymap-module-thinkpad-acpi.fdi perhaps?
>
>   <append key="input.keymap.data" type="strlist">0x04:radio</append>
>
> Is that correct?

According to the use defined for KEY_RADIO, no, it is not.  As I said, it is
a mistake I made myself in thinkpad-acpi for a while...  KEY_RADIO is the
key to select the FM/AM Tuner.

I wonder why HAL people feel the need to overwrite keymap definition in
drivers like that?  I fixed that bug sometime ago, and this unneeded crap in
HAL seems to have shadowed the fix...

It is best to just remap keys you NEED to be remapped, never do it "just
because".

  Henrique Holschuh