[ltp] Keyboard issues with intrepid

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:41:38 +0000

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think the problem is in X. Keyboard is
fine in a virtual terminal.<br>
Nothing in system log that looks like a problem.<br>
Phil<br>
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, Phil Shotton wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">After a week of using Intrepid on my T60p I've been very happy until the
last couple of days, when I've increasingly experienced strange keyboard
problems. Sometimes when I switch to a window expecting keyboard input
around 50% of the letter keys don't work - always the same ones.
Particularly notable is the I key - as I seem to use that a lot!

If I alt-tab to another window and back again most times everything
returns to normal. Sometimes it takes a couple of goes.

Very occasionally (happened about 3 times in the last week) any program
requiring keyboard input hanges. I can still navigate around using the
mouse, and do anything that isn't requesting keyboard input. Don't know
if this is related to partial keyboard failure or not.
If I go to a virtual terminal everything is fine; go back to X and it's
still hosed. Once in this state the only solution is to kill X. Nothing
at all in the Xorg logs.

Running  2.6.27-7-generic, ATI X-server, standard Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex
(clean install last week) with all updates applied, on a T60p with ATI
Mobility FireGL V5250.

Any clues?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Look at the kernel logs for anything complaining about the "EC" (ACPI
embedded controller, and what also takes care of the keyboard in a
ThinkPad).

  </pre>