[ltp] acpi-cpufreq with phc-controls

Roman Haefeli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:40:32 +0100

hi all

i am on a T61 wih ubuntu intrepid installed and i would like to
undervolt my cpu in order to save battery power.

on hardy everything worked quite straightforward. i downloaded the linux
sources (matching my kernel), patched the acpi-cpufreq with the
linux-phc patch and compiled the module. now, in intrepid, the build
process seems to work fine as well, but when i try to insert the module
i get:

FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq
(/lib/modules/2.6.27-3-rt/kernel/arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko): Invalid module format

after doing that, dmest shows:

[  333.046333] acpi_cpufreq: no symbol version for struct_module

i am stuck here. i don't know how to add 'symbol version' to the module.
i strictly followed the instructions on:

http://phc.athousandnights.de/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

i wonder, if someone else succeeded on a T61 with the same kernel
(2.6.27-3-rt) to compile acpi-cpufreq with phc-controls.

thanks
roman