[ltp] T42 w/Ubuntu 8.10 possible Gnome issue

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:04:39 -0800

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:30:02 +0000
Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> dijo:

> Dear Ron,
>
> I'm pretty sure you can configure the taskbar behaviour in gnome. It
> will be either the taskbar properties, or the window-management
> properties that you need to change.

The default Gnome setup installs a panel at the bottom and another at
the top. The one at the bottom has a widget that displays the open
windows, but not the top one. I wanted only a panel only at the top so
I deleted the bottom one. Then I had to install the widget in the top
one in order to see the open windows. You add it by right clicking on
the panel and then on Add to Panel. The widget is called Window List, I
think.