[ltp] TPFancontrol

Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:07:02 -0200

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Dan Maranville wrote:
> I know it just reads the ec and then correlates it to the supposed
> temp sensor, but do we know if it is spot on for all models?

It is not accurate at all, AFAIK.

Sensor location is a property of each planar card (i.e. motherboard) model.
It is not just a single one for the "T43" for example, because the T43 has
at *least* two different planar cards...

> I cannot get to the thinkpads.com forum right now to look any deeper.

thinkwiki is a better source for this, AFAIK.  But if you find out a
thinkpad model listed on thinkpads.com that is not properly documented in
thinkwiki's page about thermal sensors, please tell us.

  Henrique Holschuh