[ltp] Re: thinkpad_ec fails to load on Thinkpad T500

Dominik Stadler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:32:23 +0100

Hi,

>> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>> I will ask Lenovo to drop the 0x1600-0x161f range from the ACPI port
>> reservation table.  If they do, fine (and you will have to update your BIOS
>> for thinkpad_ec to work).  If they don't, we will need to add a quirk to
>> unreserve that range by force.

I am hit by this as well (Kubuntu 8.10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad T500). Can you describe the "quirk" quickly so I could try to use it unless the discussion about who is responsible and how a full fix looks like is done?

Thanks for you efforts... Dominik.

--
Sensationsangebot nur bis 30.11: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a