[ltp] x301 fingerprint reader

Lou Burnard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:47:24 +0000

------=_Part_28712_25637750.1227703644967

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 on an X301, which is basically wonderful. However,
there are two minor things that I have been unable to get working yet.
Anyone out there got suggestions/experience to report on:

(a) the built in camera ? The word on the ubuntu-thinkpad website seems to
be that it should work.

(b) the fingerprint reader? The word here is less promising -- seems like
Lenovo changed the chip to an unsupported (by linux) one.