[ltp] X61 power consumption

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:51:39 +0100

--=-QpKFBterCH9xNcjZuyqo

Am Freitag, den 28.11.2008, 04:16 +0100 schrieb Leszek Koltunski:
> > | hermes2:~# setpci -s 8:3.4 0x64.W
> > | 8000
> > | hermes2:~# setpci -s 8:3.4 0x64.W=3D0x8003
> > Enters D3 mode.
> Thanks! Although I just did exactly the above and I cannot see any=20
> measurable difference...
You are now the second person to report that it doesn't help. So maybe I
did something wrong when I tested on my laptop or my ACPI is very
inaccurate on reporting power consumption. Currently, I don't find the
time to repeat the test, but discovered that on my hardware, I get 200
"extra timer interrupts" per second, even if booted with -b. Maybe that
the punishment for running a 2.6.28-rc2+git kernel. If I the problem
persists with current git, I think I have to report a bug.

Sorry for the possible red herring.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher

--=-QpKFBterCH9xNcjZuyqo