[ltp] Laptop screen fuzzy after recent reboot

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 18:25:05 +0000

I just performed a reboot after taking a bunch of updates and now my
laptop screen is 'fuzzy'. Second LCD screen is fine, and laptop screen
is fine right up to the point I login. Once logged in it looks out of
focus as though odd pixel lines are moved down one. Affects graphics as
well as text.

Main change of the update was kernel 2.6.27-9-generic, but booting back
into previous 2.6.27-7-generic makes no difference. There was nothing
video-related in the updates.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong and how to fix?

TIA
Phil

T60p running Ubuntu intrepid
Video is Mobility FireGL V5250
Using xorg-server 2:1.5.2-2ubuntu3, with Radeon module 6.9.0
Xorg config is completely stock apart from Virtual to allow twin-head
and AccelMethod EXA:

    Section "Monitor"
            Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
    EndSection

    Section "Screen"
            Identifier      "Default Screen"
            Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
            Device          "Configured Video Device"
            SubSection "Display"
                    Virtual 2800 1050
            EndSubSection
    EndSection

    Section "Device"
            Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
            Option  "AccelMethod"   "EXA"
    EndSection

Changing screen resolution makes no difference.