[ltp] Fan running constantly

Helen Borrie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:11:14 +1000

At 06:43 29/09/2008, Philipp Kern wrote:

>Previously I also ran tp-fancontrol but as I
>currently lack thinkpad_acpi (or is that tp_smapi?) debugging support with the
>Debian kernel and with the fixed fan it's deactivated.  Now the speed is in
>general just a tad too high for a laptop without any load...  Any ideas?

http://www.lapramp.com.au/

Don't scoff:  I thought I had a problem because, in the 35degC conditions I work in, the fan was NOT running often.  I had the lapramps for the two laptops for ergonomic reasons, didn't realise at the time how effective they were for keeping the temperature down.  No moving parts, no electronics, just airflow - and cheap!

Helen