[ltp] Re: intel driver problems in 2.6.27

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:05:22 +0200

Aleksander Sumowski schrieb:
> Is this problems fixed as of Intrepid Ibex Beta?  It came out today
> and I'd like to know if it is safe to test it.

It's not fixed yet, but the kernel module that is supposed to be the
source of the danger is disabled. (see release notes)

But because the real problem has not even been found yet by the kernel
gurus, I don't trust this workaround and will not update my T61p for
some time.

For me that's an easy decision this time, because I am gonna wait until
KDE4's konsole becomes useful again and stay with hardy and KDE3's
konsole, anyway.

regards Christoph