[ltp] Re: intel driver problems in 2.6.27

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 06 Oct 2008 15:42:11 +0200

--=-CBxy2L9JIxZKlnKbwQzD

Am Montag, den 06.10.2008, 16:15 +0300 schrieb Aurimas Fi=C5=A1eras:
> I'm afraid it is somehow related to eeprom corruption, because I get
> (WW) intel(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
> in my Xorg log file, which wasn't a case several months ago.
This is not related to your network card's eeprom at all, but this might
indicate random memory overwrites. You will *always* get this message if
you use the (obsolete) 915resolution utility, as it patches the shadow
copy of the video ROM, but does not recalculate the checksum. If the
checksum of your video BIOS would really be wrong, the POST would
complain.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher

--=-CBxy2L9JIxZKlnKbwQzD