[ltp] Networking T61 on Intrepid x86_64

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:20:26 +0200

--=-9/zIOl14DWxfAEU5J2Sx

On lun, 2008-10-13 at 11:17 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>=20
> The ethernet also failed to work. There is a new GUI for network
> manager, but it did not even display the adapter. However, lspci did
> detect it, it just failed to install whatever driver it needed. This
> is surprising - over the past couple of years that I have owned this
> computer I have occasionally tried other distros (live CDs only) and
> the ethernet has always "just worked."

Your T61 uses e1000e driver which has been disabled in Intrepid because
of problems with it erasing the EEPROM of the card in some weird cases.
This has been fixed in the driver but maybe not propagated in ubuntu.

There are tons of stuff on that on the net, look for =E2=80=9Clinux e1000e
eeprom=E2=80=9D or something like that.

Cheers,
--=20
Yves-Alexis