[ltp] powerbutton and wireless led not working

Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:28:28 -0300

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> i am on a t61 with ubuntu hardy, which comes with thinkpad_acpi version
> 0.17. pressing the power button doesn't do any action at all, it doens't

1. Make sure to press the power button for a *small* while, like 3 seconds
or so.  It is a safety measure.   If you press it over 5s you are getting
into dangerous territory.  From 8s to 11s (depends on model), the EC will
assume the OS is hard-locked and shutdown the machine by force.

2. thinkpad-acpi has nothing to do with wireless *LAN* or the power button,
so I can't help you much, there.  But at least you know thinkpad-acpi can't
be the problem.

> is there an archive of the mailing list online?

Yes.  Go to http://thinkwiki.org, you will find a LOT of stuff to help you
there, including the address of the archives of this mailinglist and of
others.

  Henrique Holschuh