[ltp] Thinkpad T23 changes HD device in port replikator 2631

Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:58:07 -0300

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> When I put the T23 into a 2631 and then boot it Linux finds not only
> IDE0 and IDE1 but also IDE2 and IDE3, and it tells me that the HD is
> /dev/hde.
> "dmesg" also reports a CMD 648 - is such a controller built into the
> port replikator?

Yes. And it is a piss-poor, buggy piece of crap of an IDE controller, at
that.  Make extremely sure your kernel has CMD64x support or it will destroy
your data (if the kernel manages to talk to it using generic IDE support).

  Henrique Holschuh