[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] Upcoming changes to thinkpad-acpi (your chance to comment on them)

Matthew Garrett linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 05:00:48 +0100

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 02:47:33PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> None.  I could start trying to, yes, but it is best to test the changes in
> the kernel first, THEN see if I can somehow get the kernel to adopt a
> generic interface for a certain stuff...
>
> Only after all that, should the HAL people be bothered...

I'd recommend getting the HAL people involved in any kind of
kernel/userspace interface design discussion. It's best to avoid
accidently ending up with something that's awkward to deal with in
userspace but has already been merged...

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org