[ltp] Any reason why the recommended hotkey mask is 0x008c7fff on X60s

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:16:12 +0200

> 2. I will provide an ALSA mixer sooner or later that can be used properly
> for OSD and also to change the volume, mute/unmute (and will work on your
> X60s, since it has the internal mixer).  I have to get to it sooner or
> later, since /proc/acpi might be removed in a not too far future, and when
> it does, so does /proc/acpi/ibm.

that would be very cool

> 3. As you are aware, you are free to override the default setting using
> hotkey_mask and other parameters, just be aware that if your userspace is
> badly configured for your setup, it will cause a weird dynamic range
> response from the keys.

sure, my question is now answered and I see why the default hotkey mask
is like that, for now I'll set what I need in /etc/modprobe.d/my-own

Im playing with awesome3 now, so userspace is very thin here :)
not to worry about weirdness.

> If your hotkey_mask starts differently from the recommended mask, it means
> the distro is doing something weird.

It's not. (ArchLinux)

> Keep in mind you might have to reprogram
> keycodes in the thinkpad-acpi input device if you use that, too.   It is all
> in the driver documentation.

I only had to add the volume-up/down/mute in
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/30-keymap-module-thinkpad-acpi.fdi
(actually copied from the T6 to the X6 section).

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan@bagra.net.mk