[ltp] Re: Detect CD state after suspend [T61]

Fredrik Wendt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:52:33 +0200

--=-k43PW5kcvgm5iiuREUCt

l=F6r 2008-10-04 klockan 22:58 +0200 skrev Mathias Moser:
> I had a similar problem, but it appeared when laptop-mode-tools switched
> to battery mode. The problem in my case was that HAL polling got
> disabled until the next boot.
>=20
> Try
>=20
> sudo hal-disable-polling --enable-polling --device /dev/hdX
>=20
> after suspend to ram, with hdX being your CD drive. That should make the
> drive work *if* it was a problem with HAL polling...

Well the command certainly work, thanks for that! I don't know when
polling is disabled though.

ceda@t61-laptopt:~$ sudo hal-disable-polling --enable-polling --device /dev=
/scd0
Password or swipe finger:=20
Polling for drive /dev/scd0 have been enabled. The fdi file deleted was
  /etc/hal/fdi/information/media-check-disable-storage_model_DVDRAM_GSA_U10=
N.fdi
ceda@t61-laptopt:~$=20

Thanks anyway for your help! :)

/