[ltp] Reason for blocking Fn + F5

Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:55:53 -0200

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Michael Gaber wrote:
> > Just load rfkill-input, and change the keycode for Fn+F5 to KEY_BLUETOOTH.
> > It will work, and preserve state across S3.
>
> could you perhaps be a little bit more descriptive?

Sure.

Make sure you have rfkill and rfkill-input in your kernel.  They can be
either static or modules (I suggest modules), it doesn't matter.

Then use HAL to reprogram the thinkpad-acpi keymap using a custom .fdi file.

Unfortunately, I never bothered learning the .fdi syntax, so I can't give
you an example.  But if someone else in this list would be so kind to post a
one, I could even add it to thinkpad-acpi's documentation.

> where do i change that keycode and will it work out-of-the-box then?

Yes, it will, as long as rfkill-input is loaded.  It is rfkill-input that
gives special meaning to KEY_BLUETOOTH: it will tell rfkill to change the
state of *every* bluetooth radio that has rfkill support.

> do i need to have rfkill-input as module or is it ok to build it
> statically into the kernel?

You can have them all static, if you want to.  But to have either
thinkpad-acpi or rfkill-input linked statically, you will have to link
rfkill statically as well.

  Henrique Holschuh