[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.21-20081005 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:19:29 -0200

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Damjan wrote:
> > > I still get double events after going to minimal brightness though.
> >
> > > video LCD0 00000087 00000000  # min brightness, double events
> > > ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00005010
> >
> > Please refresh my memory... what is your hotkey_mask ?
>
> $ cat /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_mask
> 0x00fc7fff
> $ cat /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_recommended_mask
> 0x008c7fff
>
> (I still have the changed mask for the volume keys)

Just to make EXTREMELY sure it is not being caused through thinkpad-acpi,
please give thinkpad-acpi the "brightness_enable=0" parameter.  This will
entirely disable the brightness control.

If the double events continue to show up, there is very little I can do.
Fortunately, they're harmless (0x5010 just means "brightness _might_ have
changed").

  Henrique Holschuh