[ltp] T series, WIFI antennas built in?

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:02:53 -0400

Nate Bargmann wrote:
> On the T4x series, if the machine was shipped from IBM without the
> wireless miniPCI card, were the antennas built into the laptop anyway?
> So far I've not found a clear answer on this.  I see the cards all over
> eBay, but not antennas so I presume they were integral to the laptop.

Look in the compartment where the WiFi card goes.  If you see an antenna
connector, it should have the antenna installed.
> Also, are the antennas capable of both 802.11A and B operation?

An antenna will have to be specifically designed for dual band
operation.  If the specs on WiFi equipped models don't mention 802.11a,
then don't bet on the antenna supporting it.