[ltp] T61p and FN-Key

Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:30:45 -0200

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Michael Parker wrote:
> cat /etc/modules.d/ibm-acpi
> options ibm_acpi experimental=1 hotkey=enable,0xffef

Drop that hotkey parameter.  If you want Fn+F5 in firmware, do this (for the
bash shell, I don't know if it will work in a different shell):

echo $(( $(cat
/sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_recommended_mask ) & ~0x10 ))
> /sys/bus/platform/devices/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_mask

I.e. zero the fifth bit ONLY... not the entire high order word, while
enabling brightness down...

  Henrique Holschuh