[ltp] Thinkpad T23 changes HD device in port replikator 2631

Helmut Hullen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
24 Oct 2008 17:29:00 +0200

Hallo, Henrique,

Du (hmh) meintest am 18.10.08:

>> Kernel-configuration:
>>
>>         CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD64X=y
>>
>> (maybe therefore this controller gets IDE0 and IDE1)
>>
>>         # CONFIG_PATA_CMD64X is not set
>>
>> Do I need this option?

> It is probably an IDE driver versus libPATA driver thing.

I've changed the kernel options:

        CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD64X=m
        CONFIG_PATA_CMD64X=m

and put them (in the init ramdisk) far behind USB and other modules. Now
I can boot with the one HD in the laptop itself and another in the
Ultrabay of the 2631 dockingstation - they are shown as "/dev/hda" and
"/dev/hde" respectively. Fine.

The IDE controller Intel PIIX4 isn't included as module, it's hard
included (please excuse my gerlish).

Maybe I don't need "PATA_CMD64X". But that seems no urgent problem.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut