[ltp] HAL and ThinkVantage

Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:57:01 -0200

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Damjan wrote:
> > And the ThinkVantage key IS indeed 0x17.
>
> Is there any tool to confirm this?

The fact that you get KEY_VENDOR from the input device is confirmation
enough that it is working right in the kernel.

You have to look inside HAL, and on the path things go from HAL into the
X.org server, and inside the X.org server.  I can't help you there.

But I have already told you that X.org's input device handling is utter crap
and that it screws up with input event keycodes over 0xff, and KEY_VENDOR is
0x168, which is WELL above 0xff.

  Henrique Holschuh