[ltp] HAL and ThinkVantage

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:27:25 +0200

> > > And the ThinkVantage key IS indeed 0x17.
> >
> > Is there any tool to confirm this?
>
> The fact that you get KEY_VENDOR from the input device is confirmation
> enough that it is working right in the kernel.
>
> You have to look inside HAL, and on the path things go from HAL into the
> X.org server, and inside the X.org server.  I can't help you there.

ok.. but I'm not trying to get things to the X server.
HAL listens to the /dev/input/event10 device, and emits signals via D-Bus
(and you can see them with lshal -m or a simple python script).

But ok.. I thought someone knows about this here... Its clearly a HAL
question (and yet another mail list subscription for me - argh).

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan@bagra.net.mk