[ltp] X200 Battery Life

Andrew Mason linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 01:03:55 +1030

Hi Guys,
I've just recently bought an X200 with a 4 cell battery. I've tried a
few Linux distros from Ubuntu Intrepid, Fedora 10 (which wouldn't
install) , slackware-current with the 2.6.27 kernel and opensuse
11.1beta2. The battery performance doesn't seem to be fantastic
really. I've installed tpfand and manually lowered the fan to 1800rpm
which seems to keep the machine at a reasonable temperature and I've
applied what powertop has suggested. I was just wondering if any of
you managed to get near the 3hr battery life that lenovo said I should
get under Linux. If so can you provide me with any hints. I've also
set the bios to maximum battery.

Pretty fantastic laptop, I'm very happy with it but would like around
2 1/2 hours if i can get it.

Many thanks