[ltp] X200 Battery Life

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:42:08 -0700

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:12:34 +0100
Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@tikei.de> dijo:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 01:03:55 +1030, Andrew Mason wrote:

> > Pretty fantastic laptop, I'm very happy with it but would like around
> > 2 1/2 hours if i can get it.
>
> Just try to eliminate the usual suspects:
>
> - disable USB (unload ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd)
>
> - disable wireless LAN
>
> - disable bluetooth
>
> - dim the display
>
> - stop sucking applications like firefox

I have to laugh. The first problem is that the display will be too dim
to read. But that won't really matter because I will have turned off
everything that makes the computer usable.

I don't mean to disparage what you say, because it is good to have a
list of culprits. It's just that for a lot of people (like me) it is
unrealistic. My mouse is bluetooth, I need my USB flash drive, I need
to get on the net and mostly the only way to do so is with wireless,
and my favorite browser is Firefox. What's a dude to do?