[ltp] X200 brightness keys behavior weirdness - down is up, up is down

Donald P Kong linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:53:42 +0800

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 12:01 +0100,
linux-thinkpad-request@linux-thinkpad.org wrote:
> Message: 13
> Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:29:30 -0400
> From: John Li <jli@circularly.org>
> To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> Subject: [ltp] X200 brightness keys behavior weirdness - down is up,
> up is down
>  (sometimes)
>
> Lenovo Thinkpad X200
> Debian Testing
> Kernel: Debian testing's linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64

i was using amd64 and then switched back to i386 on my X61. it _seems_
that battery life is better with i386 but that was before 2.6.26

> $ cat /proc/acpi/info
> version:                 20080321
>
> $ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/driver
> driver:                         ThinkPad ACPI Extras
> version:                        0.20
>
> $ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
> status:                         enabled
> mask:                           0x038c7fff
> commands:                       enable, disable, reset, <mask>

on mine, its

status:		enabled
mask:		0x00ffffff
commands:	enable, disable, reset, <mask>

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/thinkpad_acpi.modprobe

options thinkpad_acpi hotkey=enable brightness_mode=2
brightness_enable=1

the mask is being set-up by /etc/init.d/hotkey-setup although

/sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/hotkey_recommended_mask

shows 0x008c7fff

i also edited

/etc/acpi/video_brightnessdown.sh by adding

echo down > /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness

and /etc/acpi/video_brightnessup.sh, adding

echo up > /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness

seems to work OK

--

Donald P Kong