[ltp] X200 Battery Life

Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:35:55 +0100

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 20:18:34 -0400, John Li wrote:

[...]

> I believe one setting in the Lenovo Power Manager program with no
> Linux equivalent is PCI powersaving. I saw a patch on the lkml for
> PCIe powersaving[1] (written by someone at Intel), but it doesn't seem
> like it ever got into Linus's repo[2].
>
> [1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/1/17/544
> [2] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/20/34

It is at least in 2.6.27:

$ grep CONFIG_PCIEASPM /boot/config-2.6.27.4
CONFIG_PCIEASPM=y

$ cat /sys/module/pcie_aspm/parameters/policy
[default] performance powersave

IIRC, setting it to "powersave" didn't do anything noticable on my
X61s, the BIOS already seems to set sane default values.

Regards,
Tino