[ltp] Ubuntu 8.10 w/ T60p and FireGL 5250

Bill Moseley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:03:46 -0700

When I first got this laptop I was using the fglrx driver and had fast
glxgears and compiz working but failed to resume after sleep.

After an update to Ubuntu 8.04 LTS I'm now using the Xorg ati driver
thanks to this list and this link:

     http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9951

That fixed sleep, but compiz isn't supported and I was told on the
forum that I needed a newer xorg server for compiz.

I saw someplace that 8.10 has a newer xorg server.

Has anyone installed Ubuntu 8.10 on this hardware?  Anything special
needed or will I finally be able to run this video card on the 8.10
packages?

Anything else I should be aware of before upgrading?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org