[ltp] T60 Ubuntu ATI 1400 - disengaged mode is not working

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:35:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, September 10, 2008 11:48 pm, E Square said:
> Problem: Laptop heating up/high temperature. Trying to run fancontrol with
> "disengaged" mode does not work.
>

> System:
>
> Thinkpad T60
> ATI Radeon X1400
> Dual Core Intel T2400 1.83GHz
> Dual partition with XP and Gutsy

I have pretty much the same system, except for the T2500 (2.0GHz) CPU and
Fedora/Vista. I have no heat issues at all. If the machine is under
warranty, I'd send it in to check out the heat.

Perhaps your heat sink became detached or worsely-coupled to a got chip.

If not under warranty, I'd take it apart and ensure the heat sink is
firmly connected with a good thermal heat transfer compound where it's
needed.

Chris