[ltp] Re: possible to boot on a CF card ?

Carles Pina i Estany linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:35:30 +0200

Hi,

On Sep/12/2008, Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> Le jeu 11 sep 2008 11:35:17 CEST, Richard Neill
> <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> a écrit :
>
> > You can boot from CF cards if you insert them in the IDE bay, via an
> > IDE-CF adapter. Alternatively, you might have some luck using Grub on
> > your main disk to chainload another device.
>
>  I've tried to go in Grub's interactive "shell" at boot with my CF card
> inserted, but it don't detect any disk :-(

I know that USB	 support has been added in Grub2 just now (still
testing, I'm not 100% sure if this has been already commited).  Maybe
you can test using Grub2 SVN.

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x17756391
	http://pinux.info