[ltp] Swapping out thinkpad hard drives

Sebastian Geiger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:03:25 +0200

Hi,

as a matter of fact I just yesterday exchanged my X61s native 120GB
hitatchi for a Seagate ST9320421AS 320GB hard disk. I had no problems
what so ever, neither with the plastic cover, screws or else, nor with
the Software side. I coloned the whole drive partition by partition with
dd to the new drive and expanded each partition by a few GB to fit into
the 320GB space.

Best Regards
Sebastian