[ltp] DSDT from your system / new DSDT archive

Scott Thompson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:34:58 -0400

Hi all -- I was attempting to find a DSDT archive with sample DSDT
from a variety of systems.
The closest thing I have found was the archive that was at
http://acpi.sourceforge.net ; if anyone
knows of another DSDT archive please let me know.

Since a current one doesn't seem to exist, I am attempting to put
my own database together up on the
internets (URL coming soon) and am looking for folks to send me the
DSDT from their systems.  Gathering your system DSDT takes
less than about 2 minutes by running the following:

Windows:
1. extract acpica tools from acpica.org; latest as of this writing
is http://acpica.org/download/iasl-win-20080829.zip
2. run 'iasl -g' to extract all acpi tables.
3. send all '.dsl' and '.dat' files extracted

Linux:
1. file is at /proc/acpi/dsdt
2. may need to, as sudo or root, cp and then 'chown' the file to a
non-root id to email.

If anyone is interested, please send the files (or url link),
hardware make/model, and your name/email (if you want credited), to
postfail@hushmail.com; please no bombardment of the linux-pm /
linux-acpi lists.

Thanks in advance...

Scott Thompson / postfail@hushmail.com