[ltp] problem with tpb on Debian Lenny...

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:56:29 +0200

	Hello,

  I've recently upgraded my system from Debian Etch to Lenny on a
Thinkpad X31, and I'm trying to get it back fully functionnal...
  I had a problem of slow refresh (especially with xfce4-terminal),
resolved at now by disabling Composite Xorg extension (see Debian BTS
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=445323), but I have another (unrelated) problem I can't find a solution : I used "tpb" program to have a OSD of brightness, sound levels. Now in Lenny, the tpb daemon isn't here when my X session starts (I don't know if it isn't run or if it dies prematuraly). If I launch it, I get back OSD, but with strange behaviour : the level displayed isn't always the real level, and sometimes, the bri=
ghtness level changes without typing dedicated Fn- functions !
  Do someone else experienced this problem ? Or perhaps is there
another tool to have feedback (by OSD) to brightness/sound levels ?

	Fred.