[ltp] Detect CD state after suspend [T61]

Fredrik Wendt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2008 15:23:36 +0200

--=-aTptYKxNGktmSborhhjp

Hi.

I'd just like to hear if anyone else recognize the symptoms I have with
the CD drive on my ThinkPad T61.

=46rom a full boot, using Ubuntu 8.04, I can insert and eject CDs without
any problems (I use sound-juicer quite a lot to rip my CDs to ogg) - it
just works<tm>.
But, after a suspend to ram the CD drive just won't play any more. If a
CD was mounted before issuing the suspend command (Fn+F4, or from the
Gnome menu that appears after a quick press on the power button) then
that is how the hardware will look after resume. New CDs won't mount.
The same goes for an empty drive when issuing the suspend command. After
a resume, new CDs won't mount.

I'm having a hard time reproducing this right now though. But I
suspend/resume every time I go to/from work and every time I want to use
the CD drive it just won't play with me.

Anyone heard of this before?

I'll get back when it's not working again.

/ Fredrik Wendt

--=-aTptYKxNGktmSborhhjp

--=-aTptYKxNGktmSborhhjp--