[ltp] Re: problem with tpb on Debian Lenny...

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:49:51 +0200

Le ven 19 sep 2008 08:33:26 CEST, Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> a
écrit :

> As of Kernel 2.6.22, the thinkpad_acpi driver (formerly known as ibm_acpi=
) is
> included in mainline, and it exposes the volume and other buttons as ACPI
> events, so you don't need tpb.
>
> On my X60 Tablet, I do not have tpb installed, and gnome-settings-daemon =
(or one
> of those gnome packages) sees the ACPI events from thinkpad_acpi and show=
s the
> on screen display for brightness and sound. It messes up the sound on my =
X60
> because it has a hardware mixer which is adjusted by the BIOS, and gnome =
also
> changes the software mixer volume, but that's another topic...
>
> You can also use acpid (install the acpi-support package) to script handl=
ers for
> other thinkpad-specific events (like the ThinkVantage button).

	Hello,

  I've checked these points : I use the 2.6.26 Debian kernel, and I've
observed with "input_events" that the Fn-F* keys are well seen by
ACPI and used by acpi-support scripts, but the brightness, sound and
thinklight keys aren't seen by "input_events", which explains that I
don't get a feedback from Gnome environment.
  I wonder if I have to give specific parameter(s) to thinkpad_acpi
module, or compile my own kernel with the latest thinkpad_acpi sources ?

	Fred.