[ltp] Re: problem with tpb on Debian Lenny...

Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:41:16 -0300

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
>   I've checked these points : I use the 2.6.26 Debian kernel, and I've
> observed with "input_events" that the Fn-F* keys are well seen by
> ACPI and used by acpi-support scripts, but the brightness, sound and
> thinklight keys aren't seen by "input_events", which explains that I
> don't get a feedback from Gnome environment.

Thinklight, volume and brightness do not export events by default on IBM
thinkpads, since the firmware acts on them.

Please read the thinkpad-acpi manual, I wrote it for a reason... even if it
is not the lightest or best reading out there, it should explain it all.

It is on Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt in your 2.6.25+ kernel
tree, or directly in Documentation/ on older kernels.  I also posted a very
recent version of it to this list not too much time ago.

  Henrique Holschuh