[ltp] Power cord set to fail

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:43:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, September 26, 2008 7:00 am, Gary Woodman said:
> I have an R61i.

> presumably due to excess flexing, the power cord is breaking at the
> weakest point. It's worked through all but the last layer of insulation,
> and must fail soon.

Gary,

The best way to fix this is to cut the bad part out, all the way through
the cable (and yet, when my dentist cuts out the bad part of a tooth, I
cringe and think there must be a better way!), use good joints like a butt
splice, and wrap each conductor in heatshrink (not really expensive)....
nah...

If it were me, I'd use tape. To anyone else, I'd replace the entire cord
and perhaps the plug. That would make it look neat again. You could make
it longer too.

Chris