[ltp] Linux kernel instability? (Rant/Panic/Cry-for-help!)

Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:50:01 -0300

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> I *think* around that time, there was a fix for S3 resume behaviour, and I
> *think* that made one of the previous ugly hacks from hell we used on the
> T43 a hindrance instead of a help.

Nah. Still using this here (T43 26xx, ATI X300, latest BIOS):

acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode

But no other hacks at all:

NO radeon tool
NO vbetool
NO VCSAdata restore
NO text mode switch
NO dummy xserver

And one important point: NO kernel framebuffer.  NO Tux-on-ice.  NO PHC.

Works fine for 2.6.25.17, Debian X.org 1.4.2-6, radeon xserver 6.9.0.

  Henrique Holschuh