[ltp] resume after suspend / hibernate on an R51

Yves Dorfsman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:55:28 -0600

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
>> It's like something I do while using the computer changes a register
>> somewhere that makes it work, but, I have not been able to isolate what
>> is it I do that makes it work.
>>

> Maybe you are missing an important module before you load your desktop
> environment, and some of your usual activities causes it to be autoloaded?

Modules, like kernel modules ?
Good point, I had not thought of it. I have been doing periodic lsmod and
save them to files. I managed to captured one before a crash, and one when
the machine resume fined.

The difference is three modules:
lockd
nfs
nfs_acl

I didn't think it would make a difference, but I rebooted, modprobe those
three, check that they loaded properly, and went through the suspend/resume
cycle, and it crashed.

> Or your userspace (distro) is so utterly hosed in design, that it needs to
> have an user context to load up into whatever does the suspend, the platform
> quirk information?

I'm using Fedora 9.

I followed the step at:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-advanced.html

but I only got one match in main, no module name, which seems to indicate
that the problem is not in a module.

I have also tried to add "ForceEnablePipeA" = "true" as suggested in some
bug reports, but it did not help.

Is there anything else I can capture to compare the situation when it works
vs. when it does not work ?

--
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/blog/2007/GA-M57SLI-S4_hangs_on_boot