[ltp] X60 produces fuzzy VGA output in high resolutions - will Ultrabase help?

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:29:51 +0200

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

I=E2=80=99m connecting my X60 to an external LCD, and the higher the resolu=
tion=20
the image gets fuzzier =E2=80=93 if I stay at a resolution with a 75 Hz ref=
resh=20
rate the quality is quite good, but if I go all the way to 1680=C3=971050 p=
x=20
the refresh rate drops to 60 Hz (or maybe 50 Hz, I can=E2=80=99t check at t=
he=20
moment) and my external screen looks a bit fuzzy, much worse than the=20
internal 1024=C3=97768 px screen. Changing the clock phase setting on my LC=
D=20
makes this a bit more bearable, but not much.

Would getting an Ultrabase X6 fix this problem? I know it doesn=E2=80=99t h=
ave=20
DVI output, but maybe the X60+X6 combo can produce better image quality=20
on the X6=E2=80=99s VGA output at higher resolutions?

=E2=80=94 Shot
--=20
Amateur fighter pilot ignores orders, listens to the voices in
his head and slaughters thousands. [_Star Wars_ ending explained]

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--