[ltp] X60 produces fuzzy VGA output in high resolutions - will Ultrabase help?

Mon, 6 Apr 2009 23:58:18 +0200

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 16:29:51 +0200, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> I’m connecting my X60 to an external LCD, and the higher the resolution
> the image gets fuzzier – if I stay at a resolution with a 75 Hz refresh
> rate the quality is quite good, but if I go all the way to 1680×1050 px
> his head and slaughters thousands. [_Star Wars_ ending explained]

That's the price you pay for using a notebook without a DVI output,
combined with VGA output with lousy signal quality.  I tested the VGA
out of my X61 once, and immediately decided to buy a cardbus graphics
card with DVI output.  Unfortunally, this was just the beginning of an
endless driver hell caused by Xorg dualhead woes.  If you really need
high quality and usable dual head in your notebook, I'd recommend one
with a digital graphics output.

Regards,
Tino