[ltp] X60 produces fuzzy VGA output in high resolutions - will Ultrabase help?

Karsten König linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 00:20:03 +0200

Am Montag, 6. April 2009 16:29:51 schrieb Shot (Piotr Szotkowski):
> I’m connecting my X60 to an external LCD, and the higher the reso=
lution
> the image gets fuzzier – if I stay at a resolution with a 75 Hz r=
efresh
> rate the quality is quite good, but if I go all the way to 1680×1050=
 px
> the refresh rate drops to 60 Hz (or maybe 50 Hz, I can’t check at=
 the
> moment) and my external screen looks a bit fuzzy, much worse than the
> internal 1024×768 px screen. Changing the clock phase setting on my =
LCD
> makes this a bit more bearable, but not much.
>
> Would getting an Ultrabase X6 fix this problem? I know it doesn’t=
 have
> DVI output, but maybe the X60+X6 combo can produce better image quality
> on the X6’s VGA output at higher resolutions?
>
> — Shot

My T400 drives a 22" 1680x1050 screen pretty fine using the advanced mini dock
VGA, the same notebooks VGA output is rather mushy on the same screen and
cable, so I guess the quality off the minidock is higher (can't provide real
proof though)

If you can get your hand on a dock for testing you should give it a go, but
expect no wonders, this still is an analog connection and 1680x1050 is already
borderline...

Karsten